This recipe is adapted from one my friend Emily sent me, her coconut slice. It’s crunchy, sweet and fruity. A great treat to have with a cup of tea or coffee. A layer of dark chocolate topped with a sponge type mix, you just swap flour for desiccated coconut. Very quick and easy to make, which is always a bonus for me!
100g dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
100g caster Sugar
125g desiccated coconut
50g glace cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and pour onto an 8 inch by 4 inch lined tin. Leave in the fridge to set.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat.
- Mix in the desiccated coconut, raisins and glace cherries. Pour over the set chocolate, bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool, then slice and enjoy.