Toffee cheesecake! My family’s all-time favourite dessert, it gets made for every family event: birthdays, christenings, anniversaries, any and all parties! I made this one for my niece’s 1st birthday party this week. Its rich, creamy and very moreish. We can polish off a cheesecake in no time at our house. It’s really quick and easy to make, it can be rustled together in half an hour. If you don’t fancy toffee add any topping you want e.g. fruit, chocolate. Hope you enjoy!
For the base:
12oz gluten free biscuits
4oz melted butter
2oz brown sugar
For the topping:
½ pint natural yogurt
½ pint double cream
6oz cream cheese
4oz caster sugar
1 tin coronation caramel
Chocolate to decorate
- To make the base, break the biscuits into a fine crumb using a food processor. Add the brown sugar and melted butter. Place in the bottom of a 9 inch flan dish. Place in the fridge to set.
- Whisk the natural yogurt and double cream together until thick.
- In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mix to the whipped cream mix until combined and thick. Place on top of the base and allow to chill.
- Decorate in any way you want, for this one I added a tin of caramel and decorated with chocolate buttons in the shape in of a one for a 1st birthday.
Have a great weekend and happy 1st birthday Olivia!