Its Pancake Day tomorrow! So here’s a really simple gluten free pancake recipe that will have you flipping for joy! They are light and crispy, just like a proper crepe and delicious!
This recipe is taken from Gluten Free Cuppa Tea, you can find the original recipe here: http://glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk/recipe/gluten-free-pancakes-dairy-free-low-fodmap/. I would definitely recommend checking out Becky’s blog, it’s fantastic! I hope to be up to her standard one day! There’s a great mix of recipes and advice for anyone with ceoliac disease! The original recipe is also diary free, but I substituted semi-skimmed milk instead.
They take just a few minutes to make and can be finished with any topping, I went for golden syrup and strawberries!
110g gluten free plain flour
Oil for frying
Your choice of toppings!
- Weigh out flour into a mixing bowl and add eggs.
- Whisk flour and eggs together until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and whisk until the batter forms, pour into a jug ready to use.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan until hot.
- Pour the batter in to cover the base of the frying pan. Whisk the batter before you pour each pancake to stop the mixture settling out.
- Cook for 30 seconds on each side, if you’re brave enough flip them!
- Plate up and cover with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Hope you have a pancake filled day tomorrow, I know I will be doing!