This recipe for gluten free oat and raisin cookies is very easy to follow. The cookies are chewy and perfect for dunking in a cup of tea in front of the fire in an evening. The recipe makes 18-20 cookies, depending how big you make them, but remember that they tend to spread a lot whilst cooking so less is more!
100g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
125g brown sugar
200g gluten free flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
200g gluten free oats
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Combine the two sugars in a bowl, then add the melted butter and combine.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg and milk together. Then stir into the butter/sugar mix.
- Add the gluten free flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground cinnamon and combine.
- Finally add the oats and raisins and combine again.
- Please tablespoons of the mixture on baking trays lined with grease proof paper. Make sure you leave around 3cm between each biscuit as they spread quite a lot when cooking.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden.
Leave to cool and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!