Being gluten-free you quite often miss out on a ‘normal’ piece of cake. This gluten free lemon drizzle, is light, fluffy and moist. It’s really quick to make, sat reading this you could be eating a slice within the hour. It’s absolutely delicious lasting only a day in our house and my favourite thing on the blog so far! A definite must if you looking for an easy bake.
For the Cake:
3oz caster sugar
3oz gluten free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Grated zest of one lemon
For the icing:
2oz granulated sugar
Juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and lemon zest until smooth, either by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Put the mixture in a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin and bake for 35 minutes. The cake should be springy to the touch.
- Whilst the cake is still warm, make the icing. Mix the granulated sugar and lemon juice together and pour over the cake.
- Leave to a cool a little and serve.
Why not double up the mixture, make two and put one in the freezer!
Hope you enjoy this latest instalment.